Saturday, August 17, 2013

Avocado Corn Chip Salad with Chili Dressing #‎TheSaladBar‬


This month I'm joining The Salad Bar on FB for avocado month. I love yummy in your tummy avocados and a while back I won a case of Hass avocados. Y'all I was in avocado heaven. I couldn't wait to create some yummy deliciousness. 
 For this challenge I've made for y'all an avocado corn chip salad with chili dressing. Note: You can add sweet corn or black beans as well.


Ingredients:
1 medium Hass avocado
1/4 cup chopped Vidalia onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup corn chips
1/2 lime juice

Directions:
Cut avocado in half and remove pit; dice and sprinkle with lime juice.
Mix together with chopped onion and bell pepper.
Place corn chips on top.
Serve with chili dressing.

Chili Dressing:
Combine 1 Tbs. mayonnaise, 1 Tbs. chili sauce, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/2 lime juice together in mixing bowl. Whisk together and serve over salad. Chill before serving.

Enjoy this light and easy summer salad y'all!

8 comments:

Joanne said...

I love how you incorporated chips into your salad! Extra yum.

Marlene Baird said...

Yummy deliciousness.

Lisa @ Whisk & Cleaver said...

Corn chips are my weakness! Smart to pair them with avocados. Stopping by from #TheSaladBar.

Mary @ Fit and Fed said...

Nachos upgraded! There's a fair amount of produce in this salad between the chopped sweet onions, the bell peppers, and the avocados. I think I would add black beans and corn, too, as you suggest-- by the time you do that you're approaching a complete meal!

Liz Berg said...

Sounds wonderful...and I have a whole bunch of Vidalia onions to use up. Time to pick up more avocados!

fromcalculustocupcakes said...

This sounds yummy! I love corn chips and avocado!

Texas Type A Mom said...

That looks delicious! I need to add more avocado to my diet - it's so good for you!

William Kendall said...

It looks delicious!

Post a Comment

Thank's for stopping by.Y'all come back!